This webpage includes links and information the COVID-19 pandemic and the high school’s response to it. This page is only meant to help parents find information already sent or available elsewhere. Given the fluidity of the situation, the information posted here may not always be the most up to date.
Click here for Superintendent Yantz’s January 4, 2022 update which includes information on new protocols at the schools.
Helpful info and contacts
- To report a positive COVID-19 case, a COVID-19 exposure, or symptoms possibly related to COVID-19, use this online system.
- SPUSD Containment, Response, and Control Plan
- SPUSD social-emotional resources for students.
- Mental health wellness resource, SPHS Wellness Center
- SPUSD’s Covid-19 testing sign up. See below for more info.
- ParentSquare communications from SPHS and SPUSD. (These are not limited to COVID-19 related items.)
- Abby Silver, district nurse, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attendance Clerk, Ruth Carlson: email@example.com
- Pacific Toxicology contact (in case testing results do not arrive per schedule), Lori Larkins, firstname.lastname@example.org, (818) 678-4445.
- SPHS Tech Support: SPHStech@spusd.net
la County Department of Health info
Information and reminders from the the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health:
- Vaccination Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Parents: Why Routine Vaccinations Matter
- COVID-19 Vaccines – FAQ (as of now, children 5 and up can get a Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility: Primary, Additional, and Booster Doses
- COVID-19 Vaccine Facts
- COVID-19 FAQ
- COVID-19 Prevention at TK-12 Schools – Information for Parents & Guardians
Please visit VaccinateLACounty.com and click on “How To Get Vaccinated” to find a location near you or call the Public Health Vaccine Call Center at 833-540-0473, open daily 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. You also may book vaccination appointments directly through pharmacy websites such as Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS. At these locations, you may wish to call ahead to confirm availability of the Pfizer vaccine for ages 5-11.
Other pertinent information and resources may be found on the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health website.
SPUSD Covid-19 Weekly Testing
The school is currently offering free, optional COVID-19 testing for SPUSD TK-12 students and SPUSD employees. The test is administered on Tuesdays. Registration is done online and MUST be completed by 11:59 p.m. the Friday prior to testing.
While a first-come, first-served format will continue, SPUSD requests that participants arrive at the testing site according to the following schedule to reduce waiting times for everyone:
- Last name begins with A-G, arrive between 3:15-4:15 p.m.
- Last name begins with H-M, arrive between 4:15-5:15 p.m.
- Last name begins with N-Z, arrive between 5:15-6:15 p.m.