The South Pasadena Little League Challenger team is looking for volunteers!
Little League’s Challenger Division is an adaptive baseball program for individuals with physical and intellectual challenges. It accommodates players ages 4 to 18, or up to age 22 if still enrolled in school.
We are looking for volunteers to help with SPLL’s team by joining in our practices and games. If you are someone who is interested in working with these special players, please apply!
- Season runs from Mid-March to early June
- We typically have 3-4 HOME games on Saturday mornings at Orange Grove Park in South Pasadena, and 3-4 AWAY games also on Saturday mornings in Pasadena, Sierra Madre, and Arcadia (volunteers should have transportation to games)
- Practices are at Orange Grove Park on Sunday afternoons from 4:30-6:00
- Volunteers are expected to commit to approximately 50% of the games/practices.
- Volunteer opportunities are open to students from Grade 7 to 12
- Senior volunteers who have been with the program will guide and mentor new volunteers during
- Be compassionate and caring and excited to play baseball!
- Submit a document (Word or Google Doc) with the following:
- List of previous experience (it is okay to apply even if you have little to no experience!)
- Approximately 100 words describing why you would like to help with Challenger Baseball
- Submit to: Lorne Platt, email@example.com
- Deadline: March 1, 2023