Senior Awards and Scholarships
graduating in 2024?
The PTSA is proud to offer awards and scholarships to our graduating seniors. To apply, seniors must be members of the SPHS PTSA . To check if you are a current member, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To join via TOTEM, which will provide you automatically with a digital membership card, click here.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
California State PTA offers Graduating High School Senior Scholarships in the amount of $500.00 each to acknowledge the achievements of high school seniors for volunteer service in the school and community.
- $500 Volunteer Service Scholarship
This scholarship recognizes graduating seniors for their volunteer service in schools and communities, allowing them to register for courses at accredited colleges, universities, trade or technical schools. Applicants must be PTA members graduating from a California high school between January 1 and June 30 of the current academic year.
- $500 Dr. Ralph E. White Graduating Senior Scholarship
Honoring the volunteer and public-service legacy of Dr. Ralph E. White and his wife, Eleanor, this additional scholarship provides $500 each to two successful applicants of the Volunteer Service Scholarship who intend to pursue a career in a medical field.
Please click here for more information.
Applications due: TBD, usually early February
The First District PTA (FDPTA) Commemorative Scholarship Fund was established to commemorate FDPTA volunteers who were long-time, dedicated child advocates and whose tireless efforts contributed greatly to the benefit of students, parents, and schools within the geographic area of FDPTA. The district stretches across the foothill regions of the greater San Gabriel Valley of Los Angeles County. It includes 270-plus school PTAs and 21 local councils.
Each year, FDPTA awards commemorative scholarships, in the amount of $750 each, to acknowledge graduating high school students who have achievements, service and involvement in the following areas:
SCHOOL RELATED ACTIVITIES
Who can apply:
The scholarships are to support students who are planning to attend a community college, trade or tech school, or a four-year college or university in the fall (2023).
Applicants must be current graduating high school seniors, members of their high school PTA/PTSA, have a GPA of at least 2.0, and should have a strong record of community service and/or school activities, held an after school, part-time, or summer job, and/or managed extra home responsibilities.
Applications due: TBD (usually some time in February) at midnight. Get started early so you have time to complete the application and collect the necessary information.
In summary, applications must include the completed application form, the student’s transcript, a completed reference form with letter of recommendation, and your SPHS PTSA Membership ID #. (To locate your Membership ID #, login to TOTEM or contact membership@sphsptsa.
- use the First District PTA Commemorative Scholarship fillable forms.
- answer all questions on the application.
- include a personal statement that touches on as many of the essay prompts as are applicable to the student. The applicant’s personal statement/essay should be typed and attached to the application.
- include all required documents in the order prescribed in the application.
- send completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Student applicants must follow the guidelines and deadlines created by their PTA/PTSA Councils or Out-of-Council (OOC) High School PTSAs (in this case, the South Pasadena PTA Council). Applications submitted directly to First District PTA or elsewhere will NOT be considered.
- Include your Totem membership number on your application.
Each Council PTA/PTSAs will review applications and select ONE student application from each high school PTA/PTSA (in this case, the SPHS PTSA) in good standing in their council to be forwarded to First District PTA for consideration by the FDPTA scholarship committee.
Questions: If you have any questions about deadlines or process, please contact email@example.com. Please do NOT contact First District.
The South Pasadena High School PTSA will award 5 Distinguished Service Scholarships in the amount of $500 each to recognize graduating seniors who are current PTA members for outstanding service and involvement with their community and school.
- Eligibility. This Distinguished Service Scholarships focuses on volunteer service in the school and community and does not have a grade point average restriction or a transcript requirement. The applicant must be a graduating senior and a current PTSA member. There are no restrictions on how the award money can be spent.
- Selection. A committee of SPHS PTSA members will select recipients. Distinguished Service Scholarships will be presented at the Senior Awards Night, date to be published.
Applications due: April 16, 2023 at midnight.
Application is available here.
In addition, you can check the high school website for information
on other scholarships.
Congratulations to our 2023 scholarship awardees!
2023 SPHS PTSA Distinguished Service Scholarship:
2023 “The Class of 2021 Resilience Award